Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The Producers and the Writers Please Me

I gotta say I was quite chuffed when I saw that the nominees for best picture that the Producers Guild of America announced this morning matched seven for 10 with my Top 10 of 2010 list.

Among the PGA’s picks are 127 Hours, Black Swan, Inception, The Fighter, The Kids Are All Right, The King’s Speech, The Social Network, The Town, Toy Story 3, and True Grit.

I actually went eight for 10 if you count my honorable mention of The Town, btw.

Click here for a full list of PGA nominations.

Meanwhile, the Writers Guild of America also announced their nominees for the best of the year that way, and their picks included many a surprise, chief among them the inclusion of I Love You Phillip Morris in the Adapted Screenplay category and Nicole Holofcener’s Please Give in the Original race.

Click here for a full list of WGA nods.

Photo: Paramount Pictures (True Grit).

Update: The National Society of Film Critics have named The Social Network the top film of 2010 and saluted its director (David Fincher), leading actor (Jesse Eisenberg), and screenwriter (Aaron Sorkin).

I was so pleasantly surprised by their pick of Olivia Williams from The Ghost Writer as best supporting actress...because I picked her, too.

No comments: