Monday, March 29, 2010

Shaving the Beards

And just like that, Ricky Martin came out as gay today.

With little ballyhoo, the multi-hyphenate wrote on his Web site, “I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am.”

The hoopla, natch, ensued shortly thereafter.

Martin, it seems, was prompted to make the revelation because he is writing his memoirs, “a project I knew was going to bring me closer to an amazing turning point in my life.

“From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time. Things that were too heavy for me to keep inside. Writing this account of my life, I got very close to my truth. And this is something worth celebrating.”

Indeed, and much joy to ya and to yours!

Photo: Towleroad.com.

Update: The day after his big news, Ricky Martin tweeted, “What’s going on gang? I’m doing great! Stronger than ever! I’m here relaxing @ home enjoying ur messages! I feel the love! Thanx for all! Peace.”

1 comment:

Alex said...

What a non-shocker.