Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Insisting on America’s Sweetheartdom

I gotta give props to Katherine Heigl: as she pointed out in her Emmy Award acceptance speech a couple of years, she has worked her “ass off” to make it in Hollywood.

But, sweets, as I already told you, you are not the next Julia Roberts, and, really, I gotta agree with those who know more than I do when they say The Ugly Truth doesn’t look like something I should mark on my calendar for next spring.

I mean, I’ll watch it, but…wait. Am I really addressing Heigl (pictured at right, on the movie’s set) directly?

That’s kind of like a bad conceit for a rom-com, right there. Jeez – it’s contagious.

Snapping out of it now.

OK.

So yeah, The Ugly Truth…it’s got no teeth, and Heigl, gloriously outspoken Heigl, deserves something with bite. Then m I’d buy her as a leading lady. Click here and watch the trailer and tell I am wrong.

Photo: People.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The PG trailer for Knocked Up was lousy but the movie was great. This movie also has an R rating..so the jury is out. That said I'd watch Heigl in anything - really good actress and very easy on the eye.